Life and Disability Insurance
This provides protection for you and your family’s personal needs. The insurance can be structured to provide for such things as the repayment of debt upon death or disability, financial assistance for dependants and protection against the loss of income. Personal insurance provides protection against sickness, injury and death and includes:
- Life Insurance
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Insurance
- Trauma- Critical Illness Insurance
- Income Protection.
Business Life Insurance
All businesses depend on key people – owners, executives and key specialist employees, who provide the capital, generate the revenue, manage the daily affairs, plan for the future and create the profits.
In any business, particularly SME’s, unplanned events such as the sudden death, illness or disablement of these key people can severely impact the business financially.
Life, TPD and trauma policies can also be used for business purposes to protect against these possible impacts.
Business Insurance includes:
- Keyman Insurance
- Buy-Sell Insurance (or Partnership Buyout Insurance)
- Guarantor Protection (Business Loan Protection) Insurance
- Business Expenses Insurance
Group Insurance – Employee Benefits
Group Life insurance is a single policy that allows many members of an organisation to purchase a single insurance policy at a discounted rate, without the need for medical underwriting (up to certain limits). Because the risk is spread across everyone in the company, the cost for Group Income Protection for example, can be as little as 1% of the firm’s payroll. The cover that is provided through Group Insurance varies, however it may provide Life Insurance, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) or even Group Salary Continuance (Income Protection).
By providing a Group Life or Salary Continuance insurance policy to employees, the employer is providing employees valuable protection for themselves and their families. Group Insurance enables employers to offer tangible benefits to attract and retain the right people. And the best part is, businesses also benefit by alleviating the financial burden of continuing to support employees after their sick leave entitlements have expired.
With the right benefits program in place, businesses can offer employees (including owners) unrivalled security at a low cost to the business. A successful employee benefits program should help to achieve the following:
Benefits for employers
- Drive employee loyalty and engagement.
- Stand out as an employer of choice.
- Attract and retain exceptional talent.
- Reduce employee churn and avoid the costs of hiring and training new staff.
Benefits for staff
- Support from their employer.
- Gain peace of mind with access to quality insurance cover.
- Increased financial security for themselves and their families.