Insurance Claims can happen; an effective insurance program from FINPAC Insurance Advisors is the support and protection you need during those difficult times. In the event an insurable incident occurs to you, FINPAC will assist you through the insurance claims process with our professional claims service. Whether it’s a basic claim for glass damage, a motor vehicle accident, major fire damage or a lengthy, litigated liability claim; we support our clients from their first advice until final settlement.
INSURANCE CLAIMS PROCEDURES
There are a number of steps which must be taken immediately in the insurance claims process. Individual insurance claims require specific actions and advice; however these broader steps can help minimise the impact on your business operations for most incidents.
- Report the incident to FINPAC insurance Advisors by telephone, facsimile or email, as soon as possible so that we can commence the claims process.
- Regardless of whether or not the claim has been reported or a loss assessor appointed, you must immediately do whatever necessary to prevent further property damage or potential personal injury.
- Call the fire brigade, ambulance, police or other appropriate emergency where required.
- If during business hours, ensure the evacuation (if necessary) of staff and neighbours.
- Where your premises have been broken into or glass damaged, have a security company of glazier install boarding over smashed windows and (if appropriate) employ an overnight security watchman.
- Remove property which is exposed to further loss or damage to a more secure place. Do not admit liability under any circumstances.
- Your Insurer is entitled to deny a claim or pay a reduced amount if your statements or actions prejudice their position to defend you or reinstate your loss.
MOTOR VEHICLE CLAIMS
What should you do in the event of an accident?
- Secure the vehicle to prevent further loss, damage or liability
- Record details for any other party/vehicles involved including registration, driver details
- Do not admit liability, make an offer, settlement or promise of payment without prior written consent
- If your vehicle is damaged and cannot be driven arrange for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest repairer or place of safety
- Contact FINPAC Insurance Advisors and notify us of a possible claim
- Complete a claim form and return to FINPAC Insurance Advisors to lodge on your behalf
- Obtain quote for repairs
Please find common Claim Forms available for download, alternatively please contact our office for Insurer specific claim forms.
For all other insurance claim enquiries or to obtain a specific claim form, please contact us on 0747715600. Alternatively please email us at email@example.com or your specific broker contact.